This Professional Writing Retreat flyer is an ideal artifact or guide to use when sites might be ready to develop their own retreat plans. It includes a schedule and a description of retreat activities that can inspire a group of retreat planners:
Download Professional Writing Retreat Flyer (PDF)
This is an example of information and application requirements for a site’s Professional Writing Retreat. It includes two retreat options, letter of support requirements and manuscript requirements:
Sunrise Spring Inn and Retreat
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Spend June 19–22, 2008 at Sunrise Springs Inn and Retreat in Santa Fe, New Mexico writing about your practice or about the educational contexts in which writing occurs.
The retreat is limited to 28 participants and organized in two strands to accommodate writers at varying levels of experience. Facilitators and a guest editor provide support and coaching on site. Participants have long stretches of time to write and receive feedback from their writing group.
Retreat A participants
- are in the draft stage of the writing process but have a clear idea of what they will write
- choose a target audience or publication
- revise to refine concepts in their piece.
Retreat B participants
- are near the end of the writing process and have a completed draft
- edit for accurate and effective documentation
- revise for a target journal or publication
- edit for clarity, economy, style, and precision.
NWP covers the cost of meals and double-occupancy rooms. Participants are responsible for travel costs and incidentals (local sites may be able to help with travel expenses).